Friday, August 14, 2015

New S4 Trait: Weak Immune System. Any takers to test?

So yesterday some time I started playing around with traits and designed one revolving around buffs. Now, I have not dabbled in specific ones but I anchored one to a trait called Weak Immune System. The trait behaves just as the name states.

However, I do not own Outdoor Retreat so I cannot properly tweak the trait back to back like I usually do. When I tested it in my game, the needs decay worked perfectly, just as if the sim were sick.(but no illness/custom buff) But not too overwhelming for the player to deal with. So I need a few testers to maybe let me know if the trait and buff are working correctly. While that one is being tested, I’ll conduct a new trait/buff combo compatible with the base game since that’s all I have to get an idea of better custom buff management. I normally just do traits alone so this is a lil’ new to me. Pretty excited to see where this will go!

So if you have some time and love traits and such, I’d appreciate it! It’s a wonderful learning experience for me to better my work and then I can add a little more flavor to future traits. The criteria is below.

**YOU MUST OWN OUTDOOR RETREAT**

What You Should Look For:

Is this test sim behaving sickly?
Do the needs decaying seem to be overwhelming?(bladder, hygiene, energy, hunger)
Should the needs decay faster?
Are you seeing a custom buff appear periodically? If so, for how long?
What is the default mood of the sim(s) being tested?
Does the sim acquire a squeamish moodlet/buff randomly?
Does the sim acquire a squeamish moodlet/buff only from inducing instances such as being in a dirty environment ?
Notes About the Trait and Buff:

Sims should normally start out as “Fine” or “Dazed”
Autonomy includes that of the Squeamish trait
If the buff(emotion) does appear, hover your mouse over it. It should say: “This flavor text is from Drew. Hope your sim is behaving properly! Attempt number one.”
The only active commodity this trait/buff has is Squeamish meaning the sim should autonomously behave as such. This is just for testing.
The following image is the current state of the needs decay for the trait:

To clarify:

Bladder decays 50% faster
Fun decays 20% faster
Hunger decays 50% slower
Social decays 20% slower
Energy decays 50% faster
Hygiene decays 20% faster
I found these to be fair and true to well, if you were sick. if you think that the needs decay too slow or too fast, let me know. I know the needs/whims work perfectly fine. They did for me. It’s the buff I am worried about. I cannot see it since again, I don’t own Outdoor Retreat.

I’ll be a busy bee this weekend and I think that’s an okay time to release this. While this is being tested, I’ll be creating a new trait for release and testing a buff with it the same time you guys test this one so I can see what to improve and such. Thank you SO much if you happen to try this out for me. Just inbox me or comment on this/reblog and tag me, whatever it is. I’ll be sure to gather the results. Happy simming!

Don’t worry, your sims will receive a box of tissues courtesy of their suffering. I’m sorry.~( ; -;)~

1 comment:

  1. I downloaded it. Will try to work into my game by tomorrow and play it over the week-end.

    ReplyDelete