This game play mod includes:
- New party type: Baby Shower
- Custom “goals” to complete during the baby shower party (see screenshots above, or visit the download link below for more details)
- New base game rewards for bronze, silver, and gold
- Custom buffs associated with throwing a baby shower
- The mod is base game compatible. It doesn’t override anything in your game and should be compatible with all other mods, as I’ve created new files specifically for this custom event type. If anyone is interesting in translating the mod for their language, send me a PM.
You don’t NEED to have my Baby Shower CC for the custom party to work (though there are two items included for special interactions during the party), but it’ll definitely help your baby shower look as nice as possible :)
The Sims 4: Baby Shower Mod (V 1.1)
Hi everyone! As promised, I did some updates to the Baby Shower Mod :) I’ve added some new features (custom interactions!!!), tweaked a few things, and did some bug fixes :)
Pregnant Sims will now have a custom whim to “Plan a Baby Shower”
The greeting cards and presents have their own interactions now, and result in a special buff/moodlet for pregnant Sims, which will appear during the shower, or even afterwards. All Sims can participate in the interaction, however, only pregnant Sims will gain the moodlet from doing so :) If you have the old presents and gift card package files in your game, delete them. Also, keep in mind that you must have the MOD version only in your game for the interactions to work properly with the mod/party event. If you have the deco version, delete those, as the swatches are the same, anyway.
The tasks which require other Sims to complete (“Ask Due Date”, “Compliment Pregnant Sim”), will only have a chance of occurring once per party, making it easier to get gold if you have no other Sims from your household at the party (just ignore the goals you can’t complete- getting gold will still be possible)
The party time has been increased from 6 to 8 hours
You now must have a minimum of 4 Sims to throw the shower (since some interactions require 3 Sims to complete); you can invite a maximum of 20 Sims.
Fixed a bug that wasn’t counting eating/ordering single slices of cake at the Dine Out restaurants towards the “Have Cake” goal
“Have Drinks” will now only come up if you have a bar somewhere on the lot